Friday 24 February 2012

Hot off the press

I'm a bit obsessed with nails at the moment and it seems I'm not the only one. Sites like Polyvore and Pinterest are teeming with photos of perfect, patterned talons - the more colourful the better. Here are some of my favourites.


The new french manicure
Pop culture

Out of this world

Black magic
Today I tried out a technique I saw on OliveCoco a couple of weeks ago called 'Newspaper Print Nails'. It went pretty well if I do say so myself and was (surprisingly) quite easy. The example was on a really pale, almost white, mint green nail. I didn't have that colour so I went for something a little darker.




It's really easy to do.  All you need is some freshly painted nails and some rubbing alcohol/vodka (all I had in was Sambuca and that worked fine too). Dip them in the alcohol and then press on a piece of newspaper. Hold it there for about 10 second and voila! Nails that are hot off the press in a matter of minutes. Finish with a clear top coat.

I think it would look even cooler with print in another language...next time I go to London I'll pick up a couple of papers from Chinatown. Have a go yourselves and let me know how they went!


2 comments: